Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Confessions from a Perfect Parent

I called my son a farthead today. Really, Farthead?   I panicked, felt guilty, then laughed when I realized he doesn't know words yet.  He will never know!  I thought I was over it but I keep giggling to myself and then feeling the guilt of my giggle.  The shame of my potty mouth, my name calling faux pas. Whatever will I do with myself.  Confess to the world.  I feel better already.
I realize that I will probably be rinsing the poor boy's mouth out with soap for name calling in a few years. Hypocrite.  Lucky me, I have a few more months to get it together before I have a little learning sponge by my side.  That will put you in your place.  The first time my sweet little lad blurts out the word farthead....we will all know who taught him that ridiculous word.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails