Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dinner Fail

I have never claimed to be a chef.  In fact, most people know that cooking is not my skill, unless you count taking an item from cold to hot.... in a microwave.  However, given the baby in our life, I have had to pick up a few skills in the kitchen.  This week I planned on cooking 3 nights for Bobby, 1 night for small group and 1 night at a restaurant.  Weekends don't count yet, I can barely handle a 5 day plan.  Saturday is a free for all in this house and I grew up eating cereal for dinner on Sundays.  Weekends = No KP(kitchen patrol)

There IS a point to this story.  So, its Monday night and we get invited to go eat Mexican food.  Of course I say yes.  I'm practically FROM Mexico.  I can not pass up chips and salsa.  Wowee looks like I got out of cooking.  Tuesday night, I make a yummy roasted chicken.  Does it matter that it was 9pm when we ate?  The first batch of chicken was rotten, then my garlic was moldy...AND I cut my finger!  But I carried on through the trials and dinner was eventually served and it was delish.  Wednesday night, taco night with small group.  Only suffered a small grease burn while making taco shells.  Tonight, is tapas night and I must say our meal was yummy.  I only cut my finger once on the cheese grater. Unfortunately, I wasn't done grating cheese so we just had to do without.  I couldn't get back on the horse to finish the job.  So now I am walking around with Pixar Cars band aids on both hands.  I have a son now so I bought appropriate boy band aids for the house.  He is 3 months old.  Too soon.  Oh and I also got a terrible manicure last week which I removed on all fingers but the middle one since my flesh wound is entirely too sensitive to touch.  My hands look like they have been run over by a semi truck and then covered with the Nickelodeon channel.

The point: Kitchens CAN be very dangerous. NEVER expect to keep a manicure when you are a mother.  GET used to little boys completely altering your sense of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails