Friday, February 26, 2010

Long-winded Tile

So we did a mini remodel a few months ago to bring our early ninetys digs into the new millenium.  We really wish with all our hearts that we were DIYers but it seems everytime we try, we have an epic fail.  The whole remodel started with the shiny white tile that screamed at people upon entering into our house.  Don't get me wrong, I love white but shiny white and on the floor just does not work with me.  So Bobby took the jack hammer and the hammer and the flat level scraper thing (notice my lack of proper term usage) and that tile was not budging.  So we went to get our older and wiser neighbor.  Tony brought lots of tools and things that looked heavy duty and left them for Bobby to use.  Now with the proper equipment, Bobby went back at it....for 16 hours!!!  He accomplished the entry way and was done with DIY.  I waited for the motivation to hit him again but after a few weeks of cold concrete I called in the backups.  Now, when I say backups, please know that I got a killer of a deal.  And also know that we already had all of the stuff picked out and purchased. The deal was so killer in fact, that the entryway turned into the kitchen that turned into the bathroom and the laundry room and while we're at it, do you guys know how to paint?  Have I mentioned that I love my husband. 

All this talk and this is just the intro. Man, I am long-winded today!  I think I might make this a couple entries so all you ADD people can get through it.  My real drama at the moment involves a very moody sink. I shall tell you tomorrow maybe. For now, here is a picture of the entry way. Not too exciting but a paragraph with no pictures can be laaame.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails