Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Faux Sink

Okay so I started telling you about our remodel and then I never got to the point.  Our current design problem started when I got a free peice of granite.  Little did I know that this little blessing would turn into such a challenge.  We thought it would be simple to just switch out the countertop in the guest bathroom but when we ripped up the original countertop the tag on the base cabinet was revealed.  It said it was made in 1974! This all makes sense with the seashell sink look we were sporting except that the house was built in 1996.  Builder found a closeout? I think so.  Why does this matter you ask?  Well sinks in the 70's were much smaller than they are today and a stock sink was not going to fit.  I was forced to go outside of my comfort zone and purchase vessel sinks.  We were able to hook one sink up right away, simple, but for the last few months we have just had a faux sink on the other end of the counter.  Looks good but no water.We tried to fix it this week, no luck. A plumber tried to fix it this week, no luck.  I wish this story had a plumbing miracle ending but it doesn't. I may have a faux sink for years to come.  At least it looks better!

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails