Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Bug Man

I just had a nice chat with my new bug man, Isaac.  During his inspection of my house he found some dead little lizards in the garage.  He was so sad to see the dead little guys.Then he told me that a lot of times he feels bad killing some pests so he takes them home instead.  Funny to see an exterminator with a mushy heart!  To some people this might seem odd but to me it just made me think of my childhood.  My dad was in pest control when I was little and he would do the same thing. He would bring home all kinds of odd looking bugs and spiders because they looked so interesting or they were so rare that he couldn't bare killing them.  We had tarantulas and scorpions and even some vinegarones....I am sure my vast knowledge of insects is surprising to most of you.  
Fact: In Third grade I had the BEST bug collection in the city and got a ribbon at the Science Fair.   Yeah, at this point in the paragraph some of you are wondering if you even know me at all. 

Anyway, Isaac told me the cutest story about his little girl.  He said that when she was 4 she came home from church extremely upset.  He asked her what was wrong but she said she couldn't tell him.  After much prodding, she finally said with tears in her eyes, "Daddy, you are going to hell."  Of course, this about knocked him off his feet.  He asked her why and she said, "because you have a list so long that it stretches from heaven to earth of things that you have killed.  And the Bible says Thou shalt not kill."  Poor little girl was thinking about all the bugs that her daddy killed everyday.  Of course, he quickly explained to her that bugs didn't count and then he ran to his Priest just to make sure! 

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails