Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Who am I?


As someone who was very unfamiliar with babies until I brought mine home for a test drive, I always thought babies must be easy.  I mean, they are like 9 pounds max when you bring them home(mine was a little over 5), what could they really need.  Now I know.  Cooper is 3 months and I am certainly no expert on parenting, babies or motherhood but I must say I have learned an awful lot.  I am learning every day that it takes all the skills I have in my basket to be a good mom.  After 3 months, I am finally comfortable admitting out loud that I am a mom.  I still have the image of light faded mom jeans and a bob haircut looming in the back of my mind but it is slowly fading.  Moms these days are hip and empowered.  There are sites, businesses and blogs everywhere run and operated by mothers.  I am learning it is important to not lose myself.  What would I be teaching my son? He needs a strong woman at home.  Someone to teach him the power and ability of women.  A mother to show him that he can be successful in life, however that may look for him.

He needs me to be me.


Isaiah 40:11
He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young.


image from mary ruffle

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails