Monday, February 14, 2011

Sunday

Yesterday was just like any other day since baby Cooper's arrival.  The sound of cooing mixed with screaming blaring through the monitor at 6:30am.  Bobby and I do the exact same thing every morning.  Both of us kick the other saying, baby's crying.  Neither one of us moving. Too tired to even say Cooper's name, just the word baby is mumbled between the sheets. Its kind of like a game of chicken, we both just hold out until the other one gives.

 A+ parenting right?

On the mornings that I lose the game and drag my tired butt into Cooper's room, I am always shocked by the feeling I get when I see his smiling face.  Deep inside the feeling of losing is quickly consumed by the overwhelming feeling of a win.  I get to be the first one he sees in the morning.  I get to be the one that saves him from his crib.  Its crazy and amazing all at once.  Life has changed and ever so slowly we are embracing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails