Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Balloon in the Clouds

For those of you who know me, you know that I have the tendency to never finish things.  This is something that I have always felt bad about but somehow I just get wrapped up in a new idea on a daily basis.  I feel excited about my ideas and I float off into a bubble of creative thought only to be popped before I reach the clouds.   If I could diagnose myself, I think I would classify this as the inability to commit through completion.  Luckily, I am a people pleaser and a woman of my word so if I commit to another human being, I typically follow through. Its just my world that is full of popped balloons.

I did not make any official new years resolutions because I am just not that type of girl, obviously!  I thought about saying I would work out more but who am I kidding. I haven't stepped foot in a gym for over 6 months and I only went then because my husband was dragging me by the shoe strings.  I have made one goal for myself though.  I have decided that this year will be a year full of finished projects, ideas and thoughts. 

I have already taken my very first step towards success. Its small so don't get too amped up.  We moved into our house over a year ago.  I was in the nesting phase for a few months but then I got distracted by life.  I have had packages of curtains sitting on my desk for OVER a year! I sit here everyday for about 6 hours, looking at my bare windows and thinking I should put those darn curtains up.  I did attempt once but I couldn't find the drill so I moved on.  This morning I hung the curtains. Go me! I cheer for myself often but mostly in my head.  I probably won't share every single completed task because that would be boring but if I conquer something big in 2010, you will hear about it. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails