Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holy Cow!

I bought a few cows last week.  Yes, I said cows!  I like to say I as if its all my idea but really I should say we, as in the boys bought some cows and I just like to include myself in the madness!  Our new venture is Fitchwood Cattle Company.  If you see me cruising down the road in my cityfied Lexus, look again because I have a CATTLE sticker on the back of my car!!!  Yes, I am truly committed to my husband and all that he is. 

In my dedication to the cause, I hiked through acres of potential property this weekend.  It was cold and misty and my pretty white tennies are now completely brown.  I know, I have a brand new pair of boots that I should have worn!  I forgot them.  I am still getting used to this outdoorsy, country kind of life.  I still have a pretty big bump on my knee where a crazy shooting cactus attacked me for no reason out there in the open land! Picture me hiking through the mud and tall, tall, as tall as me, weeds. Funny right? All is well, until Bobby started talking about wild hogs. If you know me, you know my imagination is larger than life.  So here I am, not interested in continuing the journey through the uncharted land because my shoes were getting ruined BUT all I could think of was the wild hogs lurking in the mud just waiting to attack me!  I stood back away from the pack for about 5 seconds when I found myself running after them hoping my swift movement would not alert these supposed wild hogs.  Just when I think I may survive the trek, Bobby makes a pig noise! I almost jumped out of my muddy shoes. Not cool.


One of my cows. I shall take her for long walks.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails