Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hawaii

I was so busy telling you my highlights of Thanksgiving that I just skipped right over my AMAZING vacation to Hawaii. We went to Maui which is quite possibly the most beautiful place on earth.

Our first day, the boys enjoyed a round of golf and the girls sat beach side.  Perfect.  Another morning we woke up at 3 am to drive up the most windy, scary dark road I have ever been to the the top of Haleakala.  We arrived 30 minutes early but I was so grateful to be alive that the lost 30 minutes of sleep seemed insignificant.  The sunrise was spectacular.  How anyone can think there is no God just amazes me.  His creation is beautiful and his perfect plan for the universe is magnificent. 

We did all the touristy stuff and still had time to just sit and soak it end.  By day 6, I thought I was a local.  Bobby had to force the Mai Tai out of my hand and shove me onto the plane to head back to beachless Texas.



Haleakala Sunrise above the clouds.


Breath taking



Amazing Technicolor Tree




Nakalele Blowhole


Notice the teeny tiny man in the sea spray on the mount.


My hot hubby



Gray and Yellow. God is truly amazing!



Platation House. There are no words  to describe the view.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic pics, Emily! What are you shooting with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love the "shove me onto the plane" part. I can totally picture this. Looks gorgeous. I have never been but am totally inspired now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to regret this, but I sent Whitney the link. haha She already gives me a hard time for leaving Hawaii. I'm glad you guys got to see Haleakala and the other great things on the islands. :)

    dustin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I wish I'd thought to ask to see them in person while we were down there. I'm sure you had tons! Oh wait, I just remembered I've got a Kodak Photo Share from you! Yay!!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobby is the amazing photographer, not me. But he doesn't have a blog to show them off so I guess I have to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails