Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving Thanks

I had an amazing time with all the family in my house this past week.  I forgot how fun a holiday was when there are screaming little children running around the house chasing my puppies and toturing them in dress up clothes.  Amazingly enough, my pups are quite depressed and miss the torture.  My Thanksgiving Tree was a success and I am actually sad to take down all the hand written thank you leaves that are smothering every branch. 

Here are some of my favorites:
  • I am thankful for my mom and for bacon. -Austin (He said its his favorite breakfast!)
  • I am thankful for my baby.- McKinzi (talking about the baby in her mommy's tummy.)
  • LAKE owllolowowowowmow.  -Lake (She thought we could read her leaf and tell her what it meant when she herself was not completely sure.)
And for my cute kid story of the weekend:

On Thanksgiving day, Lake was much more interested in playing than eating her dinner.  She knew that McKinzi was done with her plate and she feared that "someone" would steal her baby and stroller.  Now, I don't think that McKinzi would really steal Lake's baby but I know how it feels to have to clear off your full plate of food under pressure.  My brother told Lake that if she just ate her green beans and her turkey she could go play.  Lake just sat there staring at her plate and tears welled up in her eyes.  I thought she was about to throw a tantrum but she sat there very quietly for a few minutes.  Then she exclaimed loudly, " But Daddy, what IS turkey??!!!???"  Poor thing didn't even know what the urkey was that she was required to eat! Can't blame her, its not really something we eat on a regular basis.

1 comment:

  1. AWWW --- what a beautiful story. And yes, the What is turkey is definitely a story that that we'll tell many years from now. You and Bobby were great hosts and we had a fabulous time! Everything from Turkey Day to ICe to the popcorn to just hanging and playing hand and foot. I'm glad you've figured out the yellow pool ball now, too! :)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails