Friday, June 25, 2010

Baby Brain

So, I read about this thing called Baby Brain and I completely thought that it did not apply to me.  That for some reason, I was invincible to this ridiculous idea that a baby makes you forget your car keys and your doctor appointments and the fact that you need shoes when you leave the house!  Yes, I thought I was above all this.  Never have I been more wrong!  I thought I would never forget I was holding a cup of dipping sauce IN MY HAND as I was holding it in my hand.  Only to remember the moment it splats on the floor in Central Market.  Lately, I think that I would forget my head if it wasn't attached!  I have never felt like such a flake before.  Constantly apologizing for being a crazy lady or a pregnant lady or whatever I blurt out in my utter embarrasement that this is in fact ME behaving in an unrecognizable manner.
I ask Bobby every few days, What is wrong with me? And he continues to smile and reply, You are pregnant.  He routinely states the obvious like its a new found discovery.

Lucky for you, I have remained focused for this entire paragraph and I am even going to remember to post this beauty.  But if its five minutes past the time I was supposed to meet you for coffee, you might want to call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails