Friday, May 27, 2011

Teethies

I am a new mom, OBVIOUSLY.  Did not mean for that to be in caps but since it is, I may as well leave it.  And I have been blaming my child's unknown outbursts for the past two months on his teeth.  The teeth that do not exist yet but I SWEAR they must be coming.  Really, the child drools buckets and buckets.  How on earth does something so small produce so much liquid.  Seriously, I am on my third outfit for the day because said bucket has been dumped a few times.  And I don't care how long I am a mom, I will never get used to being sopping wet with my child's drool.  Oh and there was also a carrot episode...I will spare you the details but Cooper is eating real foods now.  Exciting and shocking that he is old enough to eat people food.  I cannot believe that I have baby food in my house.  But back to the mysterious teeth.  I felt his gums and I swear I felt little rough spots(teethies).  Bobby didn't feel them so maybe I am creating teeth but I swear, it must be.  My sweet little angel is not so sweet lately.  He is fussy and moody, like a girl.  Yes, I said it.  I am one, so I am allowed. It is almost midnight and I am sitting by the baby monitor counting my teeth. 28!!! TWENTY EIGHT!  There are 28 teeth in my mouth.  Dear Lord, let my child get 2 at a time...or 4 at a time, thats fine too.  I really am not sure I am cut out for 28 episodes of new teethies.  The baby can't even sit up yet, why oh why is he getting teeth?  Welcome to parenthood.....On a brighter note, I received my "push present" this week from Bobby.  And my oh my is it bling bling and loverly!  About one diamond for every new tooth.  Yes, I can do it.  Indeed I can.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I can't imagine. I think a diamond for every new tooth would be good. That's basically a tennis bracelet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Cute. Cute. I typically blame my children's behavior on fatique, hunger or if all else fails, their father. "They didn't get that habit from me!" *feigned indigence* :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, tiny diamonds :) more like a ring....I'm working up to a bracelet. Maybe after Cooper masters potty training? hhmmm... Tasha, you are funny! I too blame the hubs genes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails