Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easter, three weeks late

Wow was Easter one two three weeks ago? I know, its been a while.  I was greatly impacted this year by what our Jesus and God did for us. I always appreciated and was in awe of Jesus selflessness in his life here on earth. Amazed by his perfect life and even more by his death for us but this year was different. This year I had a son of my own. I knew the love that I could never understand or fathom, the love of a mother, the love of a parent. How did my God feel watching His son beat to an unrecognizable state, watching his son suffer and then watching his only son die. I assumed it was a terrible few days for our God but until this year, I could never quite grasp that love, that anguish. Cooper got his first cold and ear infection the week before Easter. It was a painful thing for me to watch. I felt so helpless. I was blessed enough to be able to hold my crying baby. My God couldn't hold his baby. I could talk to my baby and tell him it would be okay. My God couldn't speak to his baby, He was forced to stay silent. My son could look me in the eyes and know I would not leave his side. My Jesus wept knowing that His Father had turned his face from Him.  A tiny little ear infection cannot be compared to the vastness of death.  But in my little, tiny human world, I was able to make a connection to understanding I have always longed for.  I am forever impacted. Forever grateful. Completely undeserving. Forever changed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That was incredible Emily! Welcome back... it's been a while and I've missed your blogs. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails