Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August

August has always meant two things to me, my birthday and back to school shopping.  It has always been my favorite month.  Now, I realize that one day I may need to change my favorite month to one that does not keep track of how close I am getting to 40 and how far I have come from my school days but I am not there yet.  I can face the fact that I have not been in school for...gulp...6 years.  I can barely face the idea of turning 30 but I still have a year left before I have to conquer that hurdle.  I assume by the time I get to 30, I won't be shocked.  The wear and tear of motherhood will have started its toll and I hope to be a bit wiser with the wrinkles to prove it.

My back to school shopping spree began last week, yes I cheated and started early but I do have extenuating circumstances this year.  Each morning I wake up and lose the ability to wear yet another piece of my cherished wardrobe.  Panic has set in a few times but I am always able to calm myself after a few deep breaths and a little snack.  After a lifetime of shopping with my mother and years in the retail industry I have mastered the art of finding clothes that fit my body type at reasonable prices.  I have a hit list of stores I tackle and know exactly which fit, style and item I will be purchasing before I enter the building.  This, my friends, has changed.  I am completely clueless when it comes to maternity wear.  The obvious places want to charge me $210 for a pair of jeans and $80 for a not even that cute top with crooked darts.  Maternity wear has me stumped.  I have resorted to purchasing online which goes against every fiber in my being.  I am so old school.  At least I can admit it.  I revisited the store that made denim cool, The Gap.  I cross my fingers that they will not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails