Thursday, September 12, 2013

First day of WHAT?

Well ya'll, it finally happened.  Summer is officially over in this household.  My little bug started back to school today after an amazingly fun and long summer break. 

I'm not gonna lie.  I woke up this morning and got a little panicked when I realized I didn't have a scalloped edge chalkboard.  And then that thought spiraled into all the what ifs of said missing chalkboard.  What am I supposed to write on it anyway?  Second Year of Preschool.  Is it called preschool when they are only 2. Oh my gosh, how is he in his second year of school and he is only 2?  Where was I when I sent my kid to school as a BABY!?!  Did he even have teeth last year?!?!  Let the judgment begin.  Maybe I should call it Mothers Day Out.  Yes, lets commemorate the fact that for the rest of this year mommy gets a morning off.  A morning not a day.  Let's not get too crazy.  Doesn't that mean that I should be the one holding the chalk board sign?  Crap. I didn't even buy myself a new outfit for my first day of school? Scratch that. Pinterest Fail.

If I did have a chalkboard maybe I would have written First Day of Froggie School.  Yes, you read that correct.  He was so excited to go to Froggie School.  That's apparently what we will be calling school this year.  I think it has something to do with all the frog decorations in his new classroom.  He literally thinks he is going to learn to be a FROG. Ribbits. Hopping.  The entire gamut of Froggiedom. I hope he isn't disappointed when he realizes they will just be talking about shapes and colors. So here is it...Drum roll please....

FIRST DAY OF FROGGIE SCHOOL
 
Nailed it.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails